Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Awkward around old friend?

I need advice. I reunited with my child hood best friend. For the first 9 years of our lives we were like glue. Now we're 18 and we reunited for a year now. She's a little more confident then me but we still call each other best friends but Everytime we hangout I feel boring because I can't stop feeling awkward. Idk why. I just can't connect and truly be myself.

Also I'm going over her house tonight so I don't want it to be awkward. Some advice on how to connect with her?

Favorite Answer

This happened to me with my childhood best friend. The trick is to remember the things that made you so close back in the day, and connect based on those things. Talk about old stories you remember, and things only the 2 of you know about. Also talk about life & how you both ended up where you are.

• NONAME

are you awkward because you are a guy and she is hot? or you feel she has grown more than you and you worry she will find you boring?>

• TaKyra6 months agoReport

I'm not sure. We're both girls. I have some insecurities but I've always been shy. I only connect with some people.

You probably feel awkward because you really don’t know what’s going on in her life or really spilling the beans on what’s going on in your life. I say let loose and chat up a bit. Seems like things just need to be restarted up by one of you. Sometimes things in people lives get so hectic it can seem awkward especially when you don’t know how they been. Let loose and have some old time fun with your friend