Question to Hispanics?

I know there was a lot of invasions and colonization through out time, but my question is, I'm Hispanic but do not have a Spanish last name. Is it because of invasions? I've met Hispanics with non Spanish names but its not common and mins sounds more Russian/Slavic. My father's Mexican and Cuban if that helps any. My moms Italian and Russian, not that it matters because that don't effect my father's last name.

Today there are more Hispanic people with non-Hispanic last names than have ever existed in human history. Every place with "immigrants" will have people with names that don't seem to match their appearance. It's normal.

It's possible for Hispanics to not have Spanish last names, many don't

Lol, If your mom's Italian then you're Latino not Hispanic.

Latina is located in Italy.

Hispania is the old name for Spain and Portugal.

Mexico and Cuba are Mezoamerica / Caribbean.

Understanding real history will help you out with this stuff.

I have a Cuban friend with a Czech last name. There wouldn't be many but a few clearly made it over there from the holy roman empire. You can include backgrounds from anywhere the Roman Catholic church was dominate.

Russian or other Slavic people never invaded anybody beyond Central and Northern Asia.. so it's due to immigration.