Can police threaten me at the border? I am shocked...?

Can police threaten me at the border? I am Canadian and attempted to cross to the USA. I was completely polite and cooperative until the officer stared at me in the eye with a dirty look for 10 seconds straight and told me “if you don’t take your hands off my desk you will regret it”... i was literally just resting... show more Can police threaten me at the border? I am Canadian and attempted to cross to the USA. I was completely polite and cooperative until the officer stared at me in the eye with a dirty look for 10 seconds straight and told me “if you don’t take your hands off my desk you will regret it”... i was literally just resting my hands on it as most do and I genuinely did nothing wrong.. can police actually get away with threatening me like that? He then immediately gave me a paper to fill out so I asked what is it for and he told me I’m gonna fill it out because he told me so... unbelievable :-( also.. I am 18 male and literally look innocent so there’s no way I looked threatening to the officer. Also the next officer I spoke to was MUCH more polite and behaved as an officer should.
5 answers 5