Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 6 months ago

Can police threaten me at the border? I am shocked...?

Can police threaten me at the border? I am Canadian and attempted to cross to the USA. I was completely polite and cooperative until the officer stared at me in the eye with a dirty look for 10 seconds straight and told me “if you don’t take your hands off my desk you will regret it”... i was literally just resting my hands on it as most do and I genuinely did nothing wrong.. can police actually get away with threatening me like that? He then immediately gave me a paper to fill out so I asked what is it for and he told me I’m gonna fill it out because he told me so... unbelievable :-( also.. I am 18 male and literally look innocent so there’s no way I looked threatening to the officer. Also the next officer I spoke to was MUCH more polite and behaved as an officer should.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep, cops in the us can literally get away with murder. It's so bad it's been causing riots in the us for years.

• 6 months ago

You FLAT OUT LIED. The police don't HAVE desks at the border, and you would ALREADY be under arrest before you SAW a desk belonging to the Border Patrol.

• ...Show all comments
    • Marshall6 months agoReport

Either they let you drive through or you pull over for more questioning. Hopefully you learned something today STEVEN F

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Not surprised in America. They can not do that in the UK they would be sacked.

Yeah wow that’s good. I believe officers should be among the best behaving people.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

We have an issue with Conservatives. They want to make sure you aren’t conservatives because some people (LIBERALS) care about America, and they are tired of conservatives ruining it

Interesting 🤔

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Apparently so. Sucks to be you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.