Swimming on my period?

I'm swimming today and I'm on my fourth day of my period. I'm wearing a pad two underwears, a swimsuit bottom, and denim shorts. I hope this works. I'm bringing a tampon just in case but it hurts when I take them out (first used one yesterday) how can I not make it hurt when it comes out!? I'm... show more I'm swimming today and I'm on my fourth day of my period. I'm wearing a pad two underwears, a swimsuit bottom, and denim shorts. I hope this works. I'm bringing a tampon just in case but it hurts when I take them out (first used one yesterday) how can I not make it hurt when it comes out!? I'm using the smallest ones since I'm 13. I hear that if your swimming it stops but as soon as you come out its all waterfalls!!! How am I going to hide the waterfalls when it's time to go???? I can't bring a towel into the pool area those stay in lockers!!! Help! Should I just talk to my friend ,(she's my bff) that I'm on my period so just she understands?!?
Update: I ended up just using a tampon. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I'll be swimming in an hour. I brought two more tampons just in case I'm swimming for a while. I'm nervous but I'm still wearing two underwear a bathing suit bottom and denim shorts covering it all so I think I'll be okay.
Update 2: It all went well, I told my friend before we went into the pool and She had her period too (relief to me!) And I used a tampon and it's fine