Spider-Man asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 months ago

When did English rule in Ireland get vicious was it with the original Norman invasion 1169 or after Protestant reformation in ?

• equal
    Best Answer

it was always vicious the time team on TV were digging a fort in Ireland that was an irish stronghold in 800 AD and a Norman knight took it and built up a domain till it was known in England and a Representative knight of the King was sent to dethrone him and he did I cant remember the king John I think so its around there the protestant reformation was bloody all over England a local church has plaques disembowelled alive burned at the stake is that the vicious you mean we were hardly friendly neighbours shall we say, and for the harpies sorry you cant read it its not a CV AND I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A JOB I HAD PLENTY WITHOUT

• Ludwig

I dispute your premise, that rule in Ireland was particularly 'vicious' or that if it was that this was an English matter. The most bitter fighting was that which took place at the time of Edward the Bruce in 1315 and subsequent years, a Scottish invasion in which the Irish were supported by the English as allies.

It was some time around those event

Your needle's stuck. Your needle's stuck. Your needle's stuck. Your needle's stuck. Your needle's stuck. Your needle's stuck. Your needle's stuck. Your needle's stuck........