Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 4 months ago

Why don't women these days fix their hair up like in the olden days?

My grandma told me when she was a little girl in the 50s that women and girls almost always used to fix up and style their hair in some way. Nowadays almost all women just leave their hair hanging down or just tie it up in a bun on their head.

44 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Back then women only washed their hair once a week

• 4 months ago

Every decade has it's own specific style. the 50's had different trends to the 60's and the 60's had different trends to the 70's, just like we have a different style to the naughties. I have studied hair, makeup and costume trends and have been in the industry for 20 years. We still style ourselves with the same level of effort, it's just that we style ourselves based on what the trends are and what new technologies are out now. We no longer have to sit in a salon under a huge huge hair dryer (like in the 50's) because we have curling and straightening irons that can do the same thing in our home for a fraction of the time. Both men and women do this and always have. I love seeing the differences in styles. :)

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Because people gave too much of a f*** back then.

• patty
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

I wonder if the question asker has a spare hour a day to fix hair

• 4 months ago

Bc that takes time and energy that i dnt want to devote bc i have more important things to do.. plus constant styling isnt healthy for your hair.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Because these aren't the "olden" days it's 2019. Everyone has their preferences but that's my guess is most ppl keep up with what's current and not past.

• 4 months ago

Many do and it looks good

• 4 months ago

They are under the belief that they don't have to look and act like ladies anymore. Sad.

• kyli4 months agoReport

I do so love seeing the sexism of older generations. At least you’ve discovered how to use the internet

• patty
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

In the sixties women became more relaxed with their hair as it is today.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Women style their hair ALL the time, so I'm not sure where you live to see women NOT doing this? (For that matter, men, too.)

• 4 months ago

But many women still do they do like there hair to look good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.