someone hit my car and drove off. I have license plate number ..what do i do?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Call Texas Ranger Walker and report it. Or better yet drive to the local police station and report it and give them the plate number! How foolish are you?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

I ain't no snitch, but I imagine a snitch would go to the police wink

• 6 months ago

Find the owner of that car there responsible for what ever happens.

• May
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You make a police report and then you notify your insurance company.

How is it that you don't know this (VERY) basic thing?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • lj1
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

File a police report. You also need to report the accident to your insurance company. If you have collision coverage, they will cover the cost of the repairs to your car, minus your deductible. If the police catch the hit and run driver, the insurance company will go after him/her to recover the money they spent on the repairs to your car. If they recoup their losses, they will refund your deductible.

• car253
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

excellent answer

• mom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

since your have the license plate number, go to the police and tell them what happen and do not wait. they will find out who hit you

• Ron
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Do what the instructions on the back of your insurance document states

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You go to the police first I suppose. If there is no death or injury, it is not a serious matter for them. Then you go to YOUR insurance company, tell them you reported it, now get insurance to fix your car because YOU DID not do the damage, so they are obligated to fix the car. That is the policy you got. They will tell you you will have to visit 3 independent body shops and get written estimates and bring back to insurance to view over. They then tell you "Ya go ahead to any shop" or not to go to the super expensive shop as it is a rip off and they won't pay for it. Generally the estimates are fairly close with all body shops that do this for a living. There is no shop that is charging sky high rates because their work is going to be the same as the average price. Insurance have already listed which shops are "scams"...and are NOT recommended. They check and compare your estimates with the shops you visited.

. After the work is done, you sign off on the car if it meets with your standard of quality workmanship. By signing off you are allowing the shop to get the money from the insurance company to pay for the work they did to your vehicle.

. You never handle the check. It goes directly into the autobody repair shop account from insurance.(so bank to bank)

If you want the money instead, you won't get it. Insurance is there to provide you with the stuff you had at the quality you had. It is not a Lottery win.

Be fully aware, they will inspect that car for damage and they do play the color matching game. Your car paint is NOT on the vehicle you claim hit you, then there is a problem Houston. Nothing happens to repair your car, as you were trying to scam the insurance company and they do not take kindly to that AT ALL. THEY GOT BIGGER GUNS THEN YOU WILL EVER HAVE. You are up the schitty creek.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Go to the police.

• BJJ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Isn't it obvious to go to the Police

• Ash6 months agoReport

Not to everyone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.