Peugeot 206 driving problem?

So I just bought my first car and it is a Peugeot 206 1.1L, gas, year 2002. I took it to the mechanic and they said it was in good shape. I have a hard time learning how to drive it. On an open road I do just fine but when driving in town (i live in a small rural town with lots of hills and narrow streets) I... show more So I just bought my first car and it is a Peugeot 206 1.1L, gas, year 2002. I took it to the mechanic and they said it was in good shape. I have a hard time learning how to drive it. On an open road I do just fine but when driving in town (i live in a small rural town with lots of hills and narrow streets) I struggle a lot. I mostly struggle at stop lights or when I stop and the road is not very even and my car starts rolling back, even at the slightest uneven points. I used to drive a fiat punto and a fiat panda at driving school, and I never had this problem, I would just simply hold the break paddle at the stop light and when it was time to move i would get my clutch to the biting point and just hit the gas and go, however when I do that on the peugeot it rolls back and I stall. I am not used to using the handbreak because on the other cars I never had to and it is becoming difficult for me to drive this car because of that and it always needs a LOT of gas to even get started to move it wont even move with just the clutch. Is this a normal thing for the Peugeot? Do i always have to use the handbreak on every stop (if its not flat or downhill) or is there some thing I can do to just start it with the clutch and gas without needing to always use the handbreak or is there a way I can mechanically fix the clutch or do something to fix this? Does anyone else have this problem with the same car or is it just something wrong with mine?
5 answers 5