How do I figure out what career I want?

College is not for me but I’m having a hard time figuring out what I wanna do with my life. My only dream was to be an actor but now I wanna get a real job and I’m lost

Acting is a real job

Ask yourself what do I want do I want this do I want something go with what your heart truly says do what you want to be not what your family wants you to be what you truly want to do and God will guide you.

Hi, it's actually easier than you imagine. I recently started my own company and, like everyone, am focused on attracting new customers. I'm new to this field, and am learning as I go. A colleague of mine suggested that I track incoming calls using call tracking software, specifically https://callgear.com/product/call-tracking/. I'm currently trying out the free version to see how it works.

I agree with some of the other answers -- trade school is your best option. There are so many options that you can afford to try a couple or more to find out which you like best. The only other option is to flop around from one job to another until you find one you like, which could take years and you may not make enough money to live on during that time.

There are ways to know if you're of two different ways of work, work with your hands or work with your mind. Find which is for you and work from there.

• Kyle

not everyone does what they want for a living. but they find marketable jobs that has good career growth to help support your hobbies.

if you don't want to attend a university or state college, maybe try community college. if you can live at home, you'll save a lot getting a two year degree then you would at a four year school. and there are hundreds of jobs you can do with just a two year degree. you still take college level classes, but they are often less intense than a four year school. look on google for jobs in demand with a two year degree, what the outlook and income is like.

have you considered the military? they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related. plenty can find similar jobs in the civilian life when your service is done. it's only four years long, though some jobs require six year contract. they have jobs from air traffic control, IT, health care, logistics, intel / analysts, vehicle maintenance, trade jobs like construction, electrician, plumbing, hvac, and more. you get paid training for these jobs, and some may earn education towards an associates degree in their related fields as well.

you still need to pass the ASVAB to join, which is standard high school knowledge. and depending on your line scores depend on what job you get. so keep an open mind on what they offer. some jobs require security clearances or other factors to qualify. a recruiter will have more info on the job selection process.

military life style isn't for everyone either. working long shifts, sometimes 12 hours or even more. working days, nights, weekends and holidays. you can be in the US or overseas, and you don't always get to choose your location as well.

it may be possible to just enter the work force too. inside sales, logistics, business development, appointment setter, customer service, administrative are all business related jobs you maybe able to enter with no experience and limited education. then you can just work your way up over a longer time. some companies may offer tuition reimbursement or scholarship awards too, should you wish to try college again.

Trade school if no college.

Maybe you should look into a trade school of some sort. In particular, a trade that works in the movie industry. That way once you graduate you can attempt to get a job at one of the studios. That may open up some other opportunities for you. Just a thought. Plus trade schools are a fraction of the cost of attending college and most have job placement programs for graduates. Tradesmen are in fairly high demand these days and make pretty good money.

• paul

usajobs.com is a great way to start

• Marduk

I didn't find out till I was 35. I flunked college, went into the service for 9 years, got out and got a factory job as a mechanical tech then electronic tech. I went to school for programming and found my bliss as they say. I loved it and it helped in my line of work. I wrote test programs and when the plant closed, I became a business programmer. Go to a TRADE SCHOOL! HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical. You can use them to make a living while you figure out what to do. Have you ever watched a DIY show? Most of the carpenters are aspiring actors. If you don't want to sleep in a car or dumpster trade school is the answer.