Have you ever worked two jobs? What was the reason?

When I was a kid I had two part time jobs. They refused to hire under 18 for more than 20 hours a week. One was about 20 hours a week, and the other was about 10 hours. I was still an "A" student in high school even working 30 hours a week. I did it again when I was a university student. I had a full... show more When I was a kid I had two part time jobs. They refused to hire under 18 for more than 20 hours a week. One was about 20 hours a week, and the other was about 10 hours. I was still an "A" student in high school even working 30 hours a week.

I did it again when I was a university student. I had a full time job during the week, and went to school in the afternoon. I then worked a second job on Saturdays.

Much later I wanted to go on a long vacation. I had a full time job. I took a night job over Christmas. I only worked the night job for 8 weeks. I saved up a few grand for a nice vacation the following February.

I was thinking of getting a night job as a mall cop for a while. Do you think a software developer can work all day, and be a mall cop in the evening?
Update: I am 53 now, so the periods I worked two jobs were many years apart.
Update 2: I am looking to save up some extra cash to take my family on a European holiday.