Why does some of the keys not work in my laptop?

i am using my laptop now and i can type all the words and numbers but whenever i click on the arrow button on the left hand side of the keyboard above the ctrl to use it to capitalise a letter or to use the question mark or the at button for email...for some reason it doesn't work. I don't understand... show more i am using my laptop now and i can type all the words and numbers but whenever i click on the arrow button on the left hand side of the keyboard above the ctrl to use it to capitalise a letter or to use the question mark or the at button for email...for some reason it doesn't work. I don't understand why...all the other buttons work fine except for those buttons. what do you think it is
Update: let me explain it again

all the keys work on my laptop except the shift key does not work and I cant click on shift key and a letter to make it into a capital letter. i also cant use the a for emails or the question mark or brackets.

why is that
1 answer 1