I just asked this question but forgot to add info. I used clear blue preg test came back neg 5 days before period, is that accurate?

i’m on the pill and one day I missed so i took plan b, have cramps and boobs hurt, but I heard from so many people that it’s just so much hormones, with plan b/ birth control. no other symptoms. my question is, ( 18) was that test arcuate? because I don’t think i’m pregnant. feels like i’m getting my period but I also will freak out if i don’t get my period because of plan b. no rude comments please. thanks ❤️

• ?

Two things:

1. What with missing only one pill and then taking Plan B (why didn't you just take two pills the next day, like the instructions tell you?) it would be extremely unlikely for you to get pregnant. Like freakishly miraculously unlikely. The only reason I don't say impossible is that no birth control gives a perfect 100% protection.

2. If somehow you actually were to get pregnant on the pill, it wouldn't happen on a predictable schedule. How many days before or after your period is due is irrelevant in this situation.

Since you don't know if or when you ovulated, you could expect a pregnancy test to be accurate about three weeks after you missed that pill.

I think what you are trying to ask is whether a home pregnancy test would taken two weeks before it should work correctly would, in fact, give an accurate reading. The answer is no. HPTs look for the HCG hormone. It is not in a high enough concentration a week after conceptions (approximately 5 days before a period is due) to be detected by a HPT.

If you are on the pill, you should not have taken Plan B. Since you weren't ovulating and then took Png B, there is zero likelihood that you could have gotten pregnant.

Please, see an ob/gyn and get educated on how the pill works. how conceptions happens, under what conditions to take Plan B, and when and when NOT to take an HPT.

You are on birth control. There was no need to take Plan B at all. Missing one pill did not make you ovulate.

You have flooded your body with the same hormone you were already taking, so that is why you aren't feeling normal.

You took plan b so not pregnant but if you had not taken plan b and tested 5 days before period it would always be negative because the pregnancy hormone wont be there yet.

• Edna

She didn't need to take Plan B, because she's on birth control. I wish they had never begun selling that stuff over the counter w/o a prescription. Young women constantly abuse Plan B.

Dont open your legs. Keep them closed. Sex before marriage is a sin

Back in my day, you couldn't test until 2 weeks after you had missed a cycle.