Does it annoy non-binary/transgendered people when cisgendered people dress/look like the opposite gender unintentionally?

Ex- if a cis woman dresses like a man and has short hair just because she likes it.

I find that I get treated oddly by nonbinary and trans people as if they don’t like how I look like them but don’t identify like them

They're envious of sane people.

I don't know anyone trans-person who is upset or concerned by a cis-gender person's appearance. The most interest it would garner may be criticism or complements on their fashion sense, like any other observer might.

no, i think people can look how they want.

"Non-binary" doesn't exist. They are just people who hate themselves and have been taught that gender stereotypes are real and their own bodies and minds are wrong. How they manage to convince anyone this is "progressive" is mystifying.

No, as long they don't think trans people are not valid. I respect individuality although I don't always understand it, as, for example, seeing a female presenting butch I don't understand how they can be comfortable and happy with their body.

No, I don't and I get turned on by Crossdressers!

I can't honestly speak on behalf of trans people, but I can speak for LGBT in general. Go for it. The more we can bend peoples hard set ideas of what boys and girls are supposed to look and act like, the sooner we can eliminate the fear of anyone who doesn't conform to these hard set ideas and the more tolerance people will have toward trans and gay people.

As for why other people look at you weird when you break conformity, it's not necessarily bad. People who break conformity are weird, and other people who break conformity are not immune to being taken aback by it. Do you think there are people who aren't a little shocked when they see Rupaul for the first time, even transgendered people? I was angry about the show "Queer Eye" because it was so popular and painted homosexuals into stereotypes.

• Why? In general I don't care how other people look or dress. This isn't the 1960's anymore, we've come a LONG way since I was a kid back then. people need to be free to do whatever they want.

By the way, I'm kind of a very plain jane, just like my mother was. When I'm not in my hospital scrubs (I work in healthcare) I'm in a simple top, light-weight hiking pants and hiking shoes. I almost never wear dresses or skirts (it's been 5 years I think) and I also don't wear make-up. This is me and I frankly don't care what other people think.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)
    • Katydid6 months agoReport

I wish more women would realize that it's what's in your heart that makes you beautiful, not your makeup and outfit.

• Robert

I don't think most people care one way or the other what you do or look like. It's when you cry that you can't use the rest room that doesn't match your plumbing and want taxpayers to fund new ones that we get annoyed at. We also don't like that we make up stupid terms like cis women...no-binary transgender, etc. Just live your life as you choose and don't tell me I have to learn a new language because you want to dress up like a girl. We'll all get along fine. You'll have your fashionable outfit and I won't pay attention to you. It all works...unless and until YOU make it an issue.