I work for a small loan company. I am trying to advertise. Would it be illegal to have my 10 year old sister hold up a post outside for 3hrs?

• blank

Check your local child labor laws. Usually any minor under 16 or 15 have very strict rules for work (some areas it is illegal to employ a child at all).

Regardless of that - what type of safety situation are you looking to put your 10 year old sister into? IS this a busy thoroughfare? Would she be at risk for being hit? What about snatched? Would she have supervision? (think about it - if employer needs to pay someone to watch her for liability reasons, h/she should just hire an adult temp worker). What do you do when she needs to go to school?

What about that liability angle? Does your employer have the insurance coverage to have ANYONE out there holding a post?

On balance - this just seems like a very bad idea. You'd be better off checking to see if you can legally put up a folding post and taking it down every day. "free" advertising of a temp sign.

• In

That would be a violation of Child Labor Law under the Department of Labor "Fair Labor Standard Act" (FSLA). Wait until she is at least 14 before you have her walking the streets.

ONLY if your EMPLOYER approves it. But in my opinion it makes your company look cheap and even sleasy.