Is my abusive marriage impacting on my work life?

I was in a 20yr relationship with a man that was emotionally & physically abusive. Despite counselling I still find, 4yrs post divorce, that my ‘bucket’ fills fast - the day to day juggle is fine (kids, house, work) but the amount of pressure I can cope with is less. If I feel overwhelmed by the demands I... show more I was in a 20yr relationship with a man that was emotionally & physically abusive.
Despite counselling I still find, 4yrs post divorce, that my ‘bucket’ fills fast - the day to day juggle is fine (kids, house, work) but the amount of pressure I can cope with is less. If I feel overwhelmed by the demands I literally drop the ball & spend the day going for a walk at the beach rather than doing the job that needs to be done.
It is damaging my career because the more demanding my job becomes the more I feel inadequate, question my ability.
My work (teacher) responsibilities are huge but my boss is pushing me to take on more but then gets frustrated with me because I don’t get it done (I’ve told her I just want to teach .. nothing “extra”). My boss (lovely & I get on well with her) knows I’m a single mum but doesn’t know anything about the abuse anyway today she literally asked me to “help her understand”.
I love my job. I’m a good teacher but the extra workload of paperwork, policies etc is killing me. There’s just no room left in my bucket.
Should I be honest & upfront & tell her my limitations?
(PLEASE don’t suggest more counselling!)