What are some pets that a child (five years old) could take care completely on their own?

Hello, I am interested in getting a pet for my child, to teach them the importance of responsibility. However I care deeply about the lives of animals and am aware that a child cannot take care of a dog or cat realistically without serious help from a parent or trusted adult/caregiver. I am looking for any pet... show more Hello,

I am interested in getting a pet for my child, to teach them the importance of responsibility. However I care deeply about the lives of animals and am aware that a child cannot take care of a dog or cat realistically without serious help from a parent or trusted adult/caregiver. I am looking for any pet that a child could take care of without any assistance at all. Any pet will do, and I am also open to more obscure pets (I've considered getting an ant farm, for example, although I haven't done a lot of research as to the upkeep).

Thank you!