The 2019 NYC Triathlon was just cancelled due to an impending heat wave. Is this the first time?

Has the NYC Triathlon ever been cancelled in its entire history? In relatively recent years the NYC Marathon was cancelled for the very first time in its entire history (due to Hurricane Sandy).. I once heard that the NYC Triathlon was modified because the water quality of the Hudson river was found to be... show more Has the NYC Triathlon ever been cancelled in its entire history?
In relatively recent years the NYC Marathon was cancelled for the very first time in its entire history (due to Hurricane Sandy)..
I once heard that the NYC Triathlon was modified because the water quality of the Hudson river was found to be unhealthy at the time of the event so the participants just had to do the biking and running part of the course, but not the swimming part.
1 answer 1