Hiv help help me?

So last February I got tested for hiv and it came back positive but at the time I had never had sex .. so I don't know how that could be possible so they ended up taking more blood to tell me the results but I never went back .. So what should I do ? I think it's impossible for a virgn to get hiv

• PAMELA

It may be a mistake with the test, you have to go back for another test, you will always be worrying about it, i am sorry to tell you but there have been cases of people having blood transfusions from infected people and then getting the virus, it is rare now because all blood is tested, but you have to know don't you? You cannot have sex with anyone until you know for sure can you?

There are other ways that you could have contracted HIV besides sex. You should get tested again. It is possible that the first test was wrong. They wouldn't have done a second if it wasn't possible. If the test does come back positive you should start undergoing treatment. Your fear could result in your death.

• David B.

to be worrying about this. If you test positive, the longer you put off treatment the worse it will be. I lost my wife because she was afraid of getting a test and didn't go until a year later. That fear cost her the ultimate price, her life.