Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

As a girl, should I be driving an hour for a first date?

I live in the suburbs. I live an hour away from a major city. This guy I’m talking to (who lives in the city) wants me to come to the city for the first date? What is your take? Should I drive to the city? Should he be coming to see me for the first date? Or should we meet halfway?

I don't see why the "as a girl" part mattered

I think you should meet somewhere safe, like a McDonald's halfway there. That way, if you want to leave you can, instead of being knocked in the head and your body never found.

For me half way is the fairest. If he's right for you this won't be a problem. Also definitely somewhere public if you're meeting for the first time.

• Good

Someone has to make the first move, right? Why can't it

be you? Welcome to the new millennium, equality, and

all the stuff that comes with it. Isn't this exactly what women

have been saying they want?

.

• Tonya5 months agoReport

Don’t listen to this bitter a$$hole.

If it feels wrong to you then you shouldn’t do it. Because if you were already starting out with the feeling that this guy is not the type of person who sees things the same way you do, maybe you should pay attention to that. Compatibility is important.The more levels you can find compatibility with another person on the better off you are. That’s been my experience through a lot of pain

Absolutely not! Either you meet half way or he should come to see you. Have you even met this guy? From what you wrote it sounds as though have just been communication w/o seeing him in person. If that is the case then you meet him half way in a very public location. I am a father so I might be more on the cautious side. It seems rude for him to ask you to drive an hour- actually 2 hours for a first date. Half way in a safe public location or nothing!

• Lv 7

Couldn't agree more about the public location.

Meet halfway is fair

• keerok

If he wants to bring you out on a date, he should come and fetch you and bring you back home.

• Somebody5 months agoReport

for a date yes. but not come and fetch you if it is a first date off the internet.
      he should come to your town and meet you at a local restaurant.
      BUT if he is coming to you for a meet and greet coffee, you need to ask, why would you drive so far for that? you can't find a girl in your own town?

• kristy

Depends on how bad you want to maybe hookup with him

I think the problem is he may have no way to come to you. If he does have a car then don't bother pursuing anything with him. He obviously will be a selfish guy that will always expect you to put far more effort into the relationship than he is willing to. I think to ask a girl on a first date to travel an hour ( 60 miles) from her home is unreasonable. Plus if you drink at all it gives him the opportunity to pressure you to spend the night. Don't do it, in my opinion.

• Somebody5 months agoReport

i totally agree with David B. and adamantly!

men and women, there are unspoken rules in the 'attraction game'. you have yours and he has his. and his is to do the driving and to impress you and put in effort.

dont sell yourself short. and don't put up with a guy who argues about it either.