Anonymous

Are we allowed to do this?

I'm a cashier but my till keeps being short. Can I negotiate with my manager and ask if he can simply take the shortages from my register out of my paycheck so I won't get fired? Because I really like the Job and he's nice. But yesterday I came short 5$ bucks somehow which exceeds the limit and I think I got written up. Which is what the lady who counted till told me. Not the guy. I believe it's one more before I could get fired or something. So I'm wondering if I could just get my shortages paid off from my paycheck because I don't like making the company lose any money even if it's a small amount because I love this job.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I been cashier at various places for years. I only ever been short twice. If you keep being short, there's a problem. It's not the till, or the manager, or the customer. It's you.

• 5 months ago

Why don't you count the money in the till before they do, see how much it is short, and put in your own cash, so no one else knows you were short.

• David
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Learn how to count. It's not that hard, Me. Ed the talking horse can do it.

• 5 months ago

They cannot and will not do this...it violates all sorts of laws...even if you consent.

You just need to become a better cashier...sorry if you don't like hearing this.

Everyone is off once and a while, I was $20 over once in my first job. Got written up and was better going forward...it happens.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Initially I was going to suggest you practice your math but today's cash registers do this for you so it's difficult to have a shortage. For this to happen more than once I suggest you find a new job.

• 5 months ago

You can try, I wouldn't expect it to be successful.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Do your job right and don't come up short, ever.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You do not need to be in a position where you have to count back change and no they are not going to allow you to pay the shortage back and keep your job where you can not perform the services for which you were hired!

Have you tried practicing at home on how to do change? Try it.

Start looking for a new job that does not involve money then quit this job and move along.

• 5 months ago

Probably yes. But also look into where/when/how the mistakes were made

• 5 months ago

you keep asking this question, learn how to do the job or quit before your fired, jeez

• 5 months agoReport

Since I'm irritating by me "keep asking this question" when you're the one taking the time to answer. Which I literally only asked in regards to the situation only once more. So there is no "you keep asking blah blah"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.