Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 5 months ago

Your thoughts on the Raiders coming to Las Vegas?

Roads need repair, not enough affordable housing but by golly we are getting a multi million dollars stadium and an NFL team..

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Glen W
    Lv 5
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If taxes are paying for a new stadium to the Raiders, then bad deal for Las Vegas. The claim that an NFL team will generate revenue and bring jobs to a city are BS.

• 5 months ago

The Mob now has their own team in the NFL

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They should stay in Oakland.

• Jeff
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

You're getting one of the worst franchises in all of sports, they'll be a money loser since they'll have no fan base to support them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

It's a better deal for the Raiders than Las Vegas.

• 5 months ago

I love Vegas, I'd live there if I could. But I feel that was a consolation prize because two other teams got first dibs at the LA market when the Raiders tried declaring for an LA relocation.

That said, anything is an upgrade from Oakland, the most boring "city" outside of Jacksonville, FL to host an NFL team.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That's the argument with pretty much every stadium the public helps foot the bill for. Why not spend the money on road repairs, libraries, or education? The fact is those things are looked at as pure expenses especially compared to the supposed revenue an NFL team and a stadium for other events brings in. Hotel taxes and side spending is said to be large, however how much an NFL team helps a city is highly questionable and is why San Diego told Spanos to take a hike.

If done right, the city would look at the spikes in revenue when events are occurring plus track the sales tax from merchandise sales and send that money directly to areas of need to justify their $750 million stadium expense. I've never heard of such a plan in any city.

• 5 months ago

The old Raiders would've fit in there. Not so sure now.

• 5 months ago

Yawn! Who the hell cares about football??? Sports are so very boring!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

i'm a girl so I don't care.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Why is that
      Both my sisters and my wife are big football fans

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.