My girlfriend wants me to be jealous?

So as I've had a few relationships in my life I have grown to not be jealous and trust my girlfriends. I've been dating this girl for about a month now. She is 25 to my 24, but seems to be less mature. I trust her completely and talk to her all day because we are about 2 hours apart and normally just see each other on weekends. Her biggest complaint has been that I'm hard to read and don't get jealous, so she thinks that I don't want her? I understand that the root is that she wants affection, but I think she is asking for it in an unhealthy way. I've had talks with her a couple times about how I trust her and jealousy is something that happens when you're not confident in yourself and the other person.

I'm hoping for some guidance on this or input. Breakup? Change and pretend to be jealous? Find a compromise? Thank you for any answers!

Favorite Answer

I mean you’ve only dated her for a month. I don’t mean to look at your relationship like an economicst and weight out the cost/benefit about this. If you can see yourself at a long term work it out. If not is it worth it? As a girl you have to be careful on what you say no one wants to be called insecure (though it’s true). You’re right people who don’t have confidence in themselves are insecure and prone to feelings like jealousy. But maybe she’s been in a relationship that made he feel that way? If you really want things to work out, I’d be honest and tell her to open up to you maybe about past relationships? That you trust her and that you need and that she needs to rust you. Maybe she knows herself and feels that maybe she won’t be as loyal as you will? This is a sensitive matter and I’d suggest being open and meticulously! I apologize for the mistakes I’m on my phone and I’m yoo lazy to fix them

She sounds immature. Like you said jealousy is a no trust issue.

Ask her what she wants. Tell her the options and find out what would satisfy her insecurities. Then it's up to you whether or not you comply.