Do you think my boss would approve of my request?

I work full-time for a retail company. I do notice I have lots of vacation hours. Recently, I requested two days off in a row for a Friday and a Saturday. My boss approved those days off.

I just got concert tickets for the Monday of that week as well. I was wondering if my boss would mind if I requested that day off as well? Because that would be three days off in the same week.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have the accumulated hours of vacation time on the books, you're entitled to take them. If a certain number of days "vacation time" has already been approved, just ask your boss if there's any problem in you taking an additional day off. He's most likely approve it.

• 5 months ago

You're entitled to it so he should. Give enough notice if you're worried.

• drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Why not ask Him? We can’t tell you. If he has other employees to full hours for that week chances are he would be fine with it.

Next time you may want to ask off, then buy the tickets

• `
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Judging by your continued obsession regarding your job, I'm sure he won't mind.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

you need to ask hirn this question

• 5 months ago

In retail, I am sure your boss will mind, but if you explain the situation as soon as you can, your boss will most likely try to accommodate you. The boss needs time to fill the schedule so don't hesitate.

• 5 months ago

Make it clear that you realise this is a bit unusual, and that you won't make a fuss if he refuses the Monday. But if you approach him politely, showing you understand he would be doing you quite a favour, he might well approve.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Only your boss can tell you that!

• susan
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Only one way to find out.

• 5 months ago

I believe he will

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.