Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

Boyfriend of 4 years and I do not have sex anymore?

We started off having sex all day, everyday because it was new to us. We had so much lust for each other. Now, it seems like we don't connect on that level anymore and its just weird. We use to get hotel rooms to have sex in and now we just get them to eat, cuddle, then sleep. Its like we spend so much time together we've become more like friends than bf/gf aka lovers so sex would be weird for us. Is that bad? Can someone explain why this has happened? How can we get that spark back? I miss it and I hope he does too.

Talk to him about it because sex is very important for a relationship to work in a healthy way.

How a couple "starts off" is NOT how it ends up being.

Lust is not love, and it is one of the first things to die out in a relationship. That "spark" is just a temporary thing.

Couples who do NOT morph into friends will never last. Those who DO become friends needs to start working on closeness and romance. And after a couple of decades together, hopefully it turns into mature companionate love.

Those who are committed to "the spark" end up alone in their old age. I know several like that.

It's not a bad thing. However, if it bothers you, you can talk to him about it. Or you can plan a small getaway. OR YOU can initiate the sex. Try all the above and see what happens. As long as you guys are not having any problems I think it's nothing serious.

You're relationship is currently dead. HOPEFULLY, in a few days/weeks it will no longer be. Try spicing it up with an outfit, anal or something else that should get him really turned on.