My car keeps blowing smoke ONLY when I start it!?

I just bought a new car, and I’ve noticed it it’s been sitting there a while (off) when I crank it up it blows smoke! But it only does it when I start it up. I thought it could be the oil...but I’m sure if it’s burning oil it would do it the whole time the car is on. And when I checked the oil, it’s not black like... show more I just bought a new car, and I’ve noticed it it’s been sitting there a while (off) when I crank it up it blows smoke! But it only does it when I start it up. I thought it could be the oil...but I’m sure if it’s burning oil it would do it the whole time the car is on. And when I checked the oil, it’s not black like it would be if it was burnt up...it’s the normal brownish see through color...Also important to note that the person who owned the car before me put in a larger cold air intake... it’s much larger than a stock intake would be. It is kind of dirty, and I’m sure I should change it out soon? My boyfriend thinks maybe the smoke could be from that? Idk were not mechanics. So maybe someone could help and save me the trouble and worry. Because maybe it could be nothing? HELLPPPP
9 answers 9