Why is my mom so controlling?

Today my mom took all of me and my siblings phones, laptops, iPads, etc. so she could download this app or something that filters out adult content, allows my mom to see exactly what we’ve been doing and notifies my mom every time we go on a screen past 9:30 pm. She just decided to do this because she’s afraid... show more Today my mom took all of me and my siblings phones, laptops, iPads, etc. so she could download this app or something that filters out adult content, allows my mom to see exactly what we’ve been doing and notifies my mom every time we go on a screen past 9:30 pm. She just decided to do this because she’s afraid she’s been too lenient with screen time. She’s been taking our devices at 10 pm every night, and only allows us to have a few hours a day. I hate this new system, I have nothing to hide but it still feels like an invasion of my privacy. She has never suspected us of doing things she wouldn’t approve us, my siblings and I have never abused our internet privileges. The app also notifies my mom when I’m speeding when driving which is absolutely ridiculous. I’m almost 16, I don’t need this helicopter parenting. I can’t wait to move out.
8 answers 8