How likely is it that a debt collector will attempt to sue you?

I have a long overdue credit card bill of around $2,200 that just recently got sent to a collection agency...I read online that there’s the possibility of the collection agency suing me. I’m wondering how likely this actually is. Taking into consideration the total amount of my debt and the fact that prior to it... show more I have a long overdue credit card bill of around $2,200 that just recently got sent to a collection agency...I read online that there’s the possibility of the collection agency suing me. I’m wondering how likely this actually is. Taking into consideration the total amount of my debt and the fact that prior to it being sent to the agency, there were numerous late payments on it (at least 12).

Im also wondering what the worst thing that can happen to me is if I continue to not make payments. My financial situation is ****** right now and I don’t see myself being able to make any substantial payments anytime soon. I also have an overdue hospital bill and a parking ticket; what if I can’t pay those off anytime soon?