What can I do to help ease off pain on my dogs leg until the morning?

Let me straight off the bat say that I'm not so stupid that I'm not going to take her to the veterinarian. Its 10pm, I dont have a car or really an access to one and no one will be home to take me until tomorrow morning. Regardless the nearest vet hospital is quite a way out. Okay what happened: I let... show more Let me straight off the bat say that I'm not so stupid that I'm not going to take her to the veterinarian.
Its 10pm, I dont have a car or really an access to one and no one will be home to take me until tomorrow morning. Regardless the nearest vet hospital is quite a way out.

Okay what happened: I let them out to use the restroom, came back in fifteen minutes and my smallest - shes a chihuahua mix - was sitting in the middle crying, with her left leg stilted up. I immediately went and picked her up, gently to avoid her leg. Brought her inside and checked her paw for any thorns or such and there wasnt any. I let her walk just in a small line so I can see where shes limping from. She'll walk on it but only for a very short amount of time. She obviously does her best to not put too much pressure. Felt around, careful not putting too much pressure on anything & none of her bones seem out of place and she can still bend her entire leg + paw. But of course I'm not a vet.

So my first thought was I can put it in a splint, i at least know how to do that, but of course I dont know if that would possibly make things worse.

SO MY QUESTION IS: Should I splint it or at the very least wrap it. Wrap and ice it or would just letting her lay down be the simplest way to go.

I just can kindly ask that only serious answers please. I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just a way to make her feel better until I CAN get her to an actual professional.