Steve asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 months ago

Why are people encouraged to walk away from bullies instead of confronting them?

I know this will get a lot of thumbs down but hands down I don’t care....

Because people who run schools don’t want to get sued! They're afraid of getting sued if there is bullying going on.. the result of that? they’re teaching people to be cowards and even if someone punches them they shouldn’t fight back.. they should be allowed to defend themselves. Walking away just shows the bully you lost and are afraid of them which is what they want.. they want to intimidate people. My parents who were in school in the 80s said they fought bullies back and guess what? They never bothered them again, bullies just need a decent slap in the face.. For your question It’s all about the schools not getting sued that’s why.

Probably because a confrontation is what the bully wants. So by confronting them, you're giving them a reaction, and this is what they like

Confronting them is unlikely to gain much if done improperly. Walking away shows that you are not responding to them, and their dispute with you and your existence falls flat. Arguers for the "walking away" side often claim that bullies are just looking to provoke others to anger, meaning that if they have no anger, they get nothing of value.

Better off for them and you.

whats the point of engaging them

• Because bullies want conflict. They want confrontation. Not engaging with them takes away their power. It says to the bully that they have zero influence or power over them.

Because there is no resolution when you are bullied by a narcissistic individual. Confrontation only makes matters over a thousand times worse than it was when the bullying first started. Narcissists love hurting people as much as millionaires love money.

Because we are raising a generation of cowards. I think that is how the French started raising their kids in the late 1800s so by WW ONE they were willing to commit mutiny rather than fight.

Walking away from trouble is the best thing you can ever do. You let go of all the negative crap and move on to better things.

Sometimes you have to confront bullies but then you give them all the power. If you have to do this, make it quick and brief. Ask them to please stop doing it, then walk away. get away from the ugliness.

I don't know, I fought off anyone who tried to bully me and stood up to other bullies, worked for me.

No one dared touch me or anyone who was with me.