Why do people put sugar in tea and coffee?

I will never understand why people will drink a cup of tea or coffee and put spoonful after spoonful of sugar into it.

I drink heaps of soda which is basically just sugar and water but I would gag and spit it out if somebody put even a tiny bit of sugar in my coffee. Tea and coffee are supposed to taste the way they do, putting in sugar defeats the purpose and completely masks the taste, WTF?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is sugar in coffee not simply for the taste tea and coffee have caffeine in them and when you mix sugar and caffeine together you have an energy drink. the effect of the bit of caffeine that the coffee has in it is greatly amplified by drinking it with sugar although people probably don't know that in the first place they just do it cuz they think it tastes good

• Login to reply the answers
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

We can't all be the same. That would be boring.We each like different things.

• 6 months ago

To make it taste like ****.

• 6 months ago

Coffee is very bitter and strong. Adding sugar and creamer decreases both of these qualities.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Because they like it that way. People have different tastes. I, for example, drink soda about twice a year and can't imagine why anyone would want to drink the stuff every day.

• 6 months ago

I like flavored coffee but that is something I'm a bit of a purist about. No sweetener at all unless I'm sick and need honey in my mint tea or to make a hot toddy

• Gabe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Let me ask you. Why do you think people put sugar in their tea and coffee?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Everyone has there own likes. Some would say how can you drink coffee and tea your way.

Taste buds develop differently on us based on genetics , what our parents fed us after that we develop our tastebuds as what we drink or eat.

There are no rules on what to like or dislike.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.