After getting an engine back together, it made it about 100 feet and overheated and seized. Is there any hope that it can be revived?

It's a Ford 300 (4.9L Inline 6). Do you think it's worth just pulling the head off and trying to free up the pistons? Since it heated up so quick would it stand to reason that it heated up in the piston area, and maybe it would only require a new piston? I appreciate any help/well wishes.
Update: Thank you everyone for the responses. I pulled the head off and it looks like one of the pistons is cracked and the connecting rod to that piston broke at the crankshaft. The rest of the engine rotates just fine without that piston in there. Looks like I'll replace that piston and try to figure out what went wrong. show more Thank you everyone for the responses. I pulled the head off and it looks like one of the pistons is cracked and the connecting rod to that piston broke at the crankshaft. The rest of the engine rotates just fine without that piston in there. Looks like I'll replace that piston and try to figure out what went wrong.