Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 6 months ago

Why do females change easily compared to men when migrating to a new country?

With different culture and society

Favorite Answer

Women are easily influenced. They go with what's popular and believe that way is the only way. They tend to not think for themselves. They will go with something if most people say it's the right way things should be and think it's the only way things are without a second thought

• Foofa

That's not entirely true but as language is usually a big part of assimilation and females tend to be better at picking up new tongues this could be part of whatever you've experienced. Women tend to be more social and therefore more motivated to learn how to communicate with those around them.

This is not always the case.

I lived in Saudi Arabia from 93-17; covered my hair - stopped covering my hair - dropped religion while, living there. No; I'm not divorced. (this is the first thing people think about women married to M E men; when they stop being religious). However, keep in mind there are those who do. I digress. We came back in 17 and there you have it.

The answer is not true.

You see; many of the women I knew over there had to to veil, though for foreign women to veil is unnecessary as only Saudi women have to, because their husbands made them; told them it was the law for all women. It's not. Were it more and more foreign women would have done.

• Bill

I'm not aware of that. It is however true that women are less independent in thought and are more likely to follow the group so to speak. With that in mind it makes sense that women would find it easier to adapt to a new culture.

• Elana

Any evidence that this is true? Source? URL?

rnaybe they adapt to new places easier