How can I stop having violent thoughts about my ex and her current bf?

I talked to her recently and got into it with her bf. She blames solely me for our relationship ending yet that’s not true at all. I planned on fighting her bf and breaking his arm but I talked to her again on less, angry terms. I said I’m moving on and I’m trying. But almost every night I’m tossing and turning and having dreams about them. It’s either a scenario where we start arguing or me and her bf are fighting. It’s extremely annoying and I want to stop and move on. I just can’t shake it and I’m considering messaging her again after I said bye for the last time to fight. What should I do?

"I planned on fighting her bf and breaking his arm"

This is a very foolish idea. You will only endanger your own safety and you may end up in prison. That won't make her your girlfriend again.

Instead, I encourage you to accept the fact that she doesn't want to take any responsibility for what may have happened in the relationship. This indicates that she has no genuine desire to repair anything and only cares about making herself feel good.

Go to MGTOW and read up. The Red Pill will help you also.