Do you think lenders are conspiring to discourage people from borrowing from their 401K is?

It seems that financial and bank related websites all say it's bad idea to borrow from your 401k. I wonder if they think that's bad because it hurts lenders? One of the most common arguments against borrowing from your 401K is that you would use after tax dollars to repay the loan, but isn't that what... show more It seems that financial and bank related websites all say it's bad idea to borrow from your 401k. I wonder if they think that's bad because it hurts lenders?

One of the most common arguments against borrowing from your 401K is that you would use after tax dollars to repay the loan, but isn't that what you do with savings or when you repay other kinds of loans?

Now, clearly it's better not to have borrow money at all, but sometimes there are expenses that require that. It seems to me there's a lender conspiracy designed to discourage people from borrowing against their 401k, and it's not honest.