How do I find out my router username and password?

I have an Xfinity router and i really need to find out the username and password online, It's not the default (admin and password) I think my mom changed it when we first signed up with it, is there any other way to figure it out other than resetting my whole router? (My mom said she doesn't know what it is)

well you cant change it without a a reset or just phone your isp and they can change the password to something prearranged even if you dont remember it without a reset.

• ron h

If it's not the default, and no one wrote it down, you gotta restart.

You can go to the computer and connect your router from a computer via cable or Wireless network then turn back your router. You will see an IP address like 192.168.0.1 or maybe different after entering that IP address on your URL you will see a login page. username admin password admin or may be blank. You can see that info at the bottom side of your router. After login go to the wireless setting and find your password if any issue you can WhatsApp me +15184684554 or chat on

www.miptvservices.com

• keerok

Reset. No other way.

• Bill-M

There is no way to find out. Just Default the Router.

Unfortunately if somebody has already gone online and changed the default from password and username to a real password . You won't be able to get into the router online without it.

However if you have a laptop or a computer that was logged in to the wireless connection and it's able to go online but you just don't know the password for the rest of your devices. You can turn on that computer and you can go into network settings and into properties and find where it says security and you'll see the password once you click that little box that says show the password. I do this all the time for people that have lost their password and don't realize that it's right in front of them on their computer you just have to unhide it inside of a network settings from a computer that's already able to go online.

Your only other option is to push that reset button on the router and it will go back to the default settings that are written on the bottom of the router.

Step 1: From a computer that is connected to the router (wired or wireless), Open your Internet browser and type the IP address of the router in the address bar. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1. At the login, enter the username (admin) and your password (default password is nothing).

• Shobhit5 months agoReport

HI
      you can reset your router as well WhatsApp me +15184684554