Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Shopping · 5 months ago

What would be a good price to sell my computer?

So I have a 2007 iMac 7,1 20 inch and its broken, the LCD backlight died, the motherboard died, and the hard drive and graphics card failed, and power supply went out. so i want to sell it for half its original price which was 1200 when it came out. so i want to sell it for 600$ on ebay, maybe a little less bc some things are broken, but do u think this is a good idea? i can always advertise nothing is broken inside on the page so people wont know

Favorite Answer

i wouldnt sell it at all if its dead

I should sell the old ones on Ebay.

• Who

who knows

the only thing you know for certain is- it dont work

you have listed a lot of things and said they have "died"

but if any of them had stopped working you would have no idea if the others were working or not

best thing to do is go to a repair shop (or somebody who REALLY knows what they are doing - a lot of people claim they do but dont) and get them to tell you whats wrong and a price to fix it

Just say it dont power up -

DONT go through all your list and say this or that aint working , cos its likely they will just agree and say it needs preplacinalcing

1 million dollars I think would be the least you would get for it

Hi.

So from the list of "broken" items it looks like You're pretty much selling a couple of sticks of RAM from 2007 & possibly a CD/DVD drive (Not familiar with Apple hardware Myself).

Look upthose 2 parts on Amazon or eBay & You'll see exactly how much You can sell it for.

Remember that if You just sell the whole case & everything in it, You'll be paying a higher shipping rate.

G'Luck!!!

There is no good price for piece of garbage.

• 5 months agoReport

its not garbage

Sorry, it's junk at this point. Take it to a computer/electronics recycler. If you try to sell it without letting people know its condition, you are committing fraud.

• 5 months agoReport

its not junk

• .

I checked Craig's List and assuming your computer had nothing wrong with it, you could ask between $75.00 to $150.00. Due to it being completely broken, nobody will buy it.