Is it ok to embrace my autism?

So I have low spectrum autism and I go to an advanced stem magnet school where we are given laptops to use for school and personal. Now I'm very proud and want people to know that even though I have autism I am not any different and shouldn't be treated any different than any other person. So I have nuero... show more So I have low spectrum autism and I go to an advanced stem magnet school where we are given laptops to use for school and personal. Now I'm very proud and want people to know that even though I have autism I am not any different and shouldn't be treated any different than any other person. So I have nuero diversity and autism speaks stickers on my laptop because I support groups that follow these principles. Now the students don't have a problem with it and most who know my past don't care as many students also have chemical inbalances like me that allow them to excel. Many students also have stickers as well like LGBT flags and quotes from people and other stuff like that. But the administration asked me specifically to remove stickers related to autism awarness because they make to much of "political statement" which I just dont see. I mean can they specifically target my stickers that I think are quite frankly less controversial compared to some people who have resist stickers and pro choice or pro life.
2 answers 2