IYO, Who is the best female character in Marvel Cinematic Universe?

IYO: Black Widow.

Favorite Answer

Black Widow. Her and Hawkeye being the only two members of the Avengers with no special abilities or tech has meant that on paper they have been at a disadvantage since day one. But she's still managed to play crucial roles in saving the world... twice. She was there in the beginning when Iron Mans armor was the craziest thing the world had ever seen and since then the world had gotten a whole lot crazier, with aliens invading new york and a flying sokovia, and the fact that she has been storming the front lines alongside the likes of Thor and the Hulk more than once makes her super important as she's living proof that superpowers are an advantage, not a necessity, to be a hero.

Can I say zendaya?

• Zeke

Captain Marvel. Brie Larson seems like kind of an annoying person, but I've been a huge fan of Carol Danvers for years.

Probably none of them.

Hmmmm....MCU means no X-Men, not that the X-Men have been well done in the movies.

Black Widow has the most screen time, but has been criminally underdeveloped. Scarlet Witch sucks. I like Captain Marvel but she was criminally badly written in Endgame. Valkyrie is so brief. I REALLY like the actress who did Sharon Carter (the young one, not the 40s one), but she's so lightly used, it can't be her.

I don't really like Gamora...at all. She's uninteresting and seems to just be a love interest for Quill. Mantis has been fun, but let's face it, that's at least 70% because of Drax. I really have a soft sport for Nebula...but confession...it's because I ADORE the actress from her time on Dr. Who. It has little to do with Nebula herself.

I guess it doesn't HAVE to be a combatant. Pepper's not bad. Shuri had moments but is a bit too Mary Sue for my tastes. On the Netflix shows (which count) Jessica is played by a bad actress. I do like Hellcat from her show, but 'best female' seems a stretch.

MCU has really not been kind to the ladies.

Hmmmm...OH! I got it! Hela! You didn't say female HERO. Hela was freakin' AWESOME. Alongside Thanos she's just about the only MCU villain that I actually went "Holy crap, she's a badass, and a serious threat!"

• Diana

Storm of the X-Men.

• Entropy

Even if they weren't, Storm has been garbage in the movies. Great in the comics. Terrible in the movies.

Gamora. Her character development over the Guardians/Avengers movies has been great. I hope she (or to be more accurate, her past self) gets a good conclusion in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3.

my choice would be Pepper Potts