Should intersex people be allowed to marry?

Intersex may be defined as: a person who has characteristics of more than one gender. This could consist of someone having male and female genitalia or a chromosomal abnormality.

Intersex is different from transgender, in that a person who is transgender identifies with the opposite gender of what their genitalia suggest, while an intersex person cannot be classified into a gender for biological reasons.

Here are some examples: A person is born with both female and male genitalia A person is born with a "X and Y" chromosome and is genetically male but due to no prenatal androgen exposure, a person is born with female genitalia. Later in life androgens do become present in puberty and they develop male characteristics.

So in this case of a person being born intersex, should these people be allowed to marry? Should they be allowed all the rights that people of conventional genders are allowed?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

EVERYONE should be allowed to marry someone who wishes to marry them, regardless of what's between their legs and regardless of what their chromosomes say their sex is supposed to be. Love is love regardless of sex or gender.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

No. Their genes are defective and they must be prevented from reproducing at all costs, lest there be a society of freaks.

• NO! Wtf? What kind of question is that?

They’re WORSE than homosexual/interracial marriage or worse... two gay black lesbians getting married and raising an adopted white child!!!!!!!

Not in my backyard!

Source(s): The Bible, the Qur’an, the Torah, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, all religions, science is of the Devil
    • Sasha Whitefur
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I happen to be of Biracial ancestry., I prefer Multicultural

• 6 months ago

What possible practical reason could there be to deny them the right to marry?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Any two consenting adults should be able to marry. Marriage should be a civil ceremony, and those who want to add a religious element to it should be free to search out a church/temple/whatever that is willing to conduct a ceremony for them.

But the basic marriage should be a simple civil contract.

• I'm going to make this as succinct as possible:

EVERYONE should have the right to marry.

• 6 months ago

YES!!!! they are human.

• 6 months ago

Of course they should. What sort of a bigot are you that would suggest they shouldn't?

• 6 months ago

Yes.

They were born with PHYSICAL characteristics of more than one gender!

Is there a chromosome that causes a person to be gay?

• -j.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes.

That would have been my whole answer but apparently it needs to be at least 15 characters.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.