How do I move a sink that's left in my garage I want to put it in front of my house for garbege day it's too heavy to move it?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

I have managed to move heavy objects by "rolling" them. Put it on it's side and push it over, and over and over again until it lands where you want it to land. It is trash anyway, so who cares if it gets damaged?

I once moved a very heavy 4'x8' section of dock that landed on our beach by lifting it with one edge still on the sand, while pushing it over and over and over to the boat launch area to be taken away.

If the sink is in decent shape, offer it for FREE on Craigslist. They can come and get it off of your hands. I think that there is also a "FreeCycle" web site for freebees.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

You ask a friend or neighbor to help you lift it into the garbage bin. Make sure it is at the road when you put the sink in, or you will need someone again to help you roll the bin to the road.

• 6 months ago

If it is too heavy for one person to shift it is either very heavy pottery or concrete or cast iron.

A cast iron one could well be saleable either as an item or as scrap.

If it is pottery or concrete then break it up with a heavy mallet.

If all fails, get a friend or two to help you shift it.

You could well have a problem in that if it that big and heavy the garbage men may refuse to take it.

• John
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Drag it out and bury it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Get some friends or pay someone to move it.

• 6 months ago

Buy a pizza, invite some friends over to share it with you, then get them to help.

• 6 months ago

hire someone. if you can catch the garbage man, give him 10 bucks, if 2 people need to do it, give them each 10..

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Ask 3 or more friends to help you to carry it.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Cast iron? You can stand it up on one end, whichever way makes it stand taller, then push it over flat side down and it will break into smaller pieces. You may have to do it a few times, and watch out for sharp edges.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.