What's a good excuse for being a month late to an interview?

So I had an interview scheduled but another job hired me on the spot so I've been doing that for like a month and forgot about the interview to the other place. I called them today and said I had a family emergency that took all my time and attention. If they ask I wanna have something that will help them forgive me. Ideas? PS anything is appreciated even if it's not a family emergency as an excuse. Thanks in advance.

• car253

Why are you calling them unless you want to take the other job? Stay where you are at for a while before moving on. If the other job calls you back just let them know you accepted another job but you prefer the one with them.

Your obviously completely sackless to delay an interview for a month, and then expect to be able to cover your stupidity with an excuse. Suggest that if you actually have the brass neck to expect an employer to swallow your rediculous excuse, it had better be a good one. The only one that I can think of that just may be swallowed by an interviewer is to plead insanity. Only that COULD be believable.

A month late perhaps nothing tbh if they found someone they won't care about you anymore your gone to them already so try to plan ahead and don't be a month late on the time they're taking out if their's to interview you.

• Jahal

On your period.

Ik n the psych ward.

They dont care... You are replaceable to them so they do not care

Just move on because they have moved on

Lies will only get you into trouble. Not a good start to a job beginning, or anything really.

• DEBS

There is no excuse you can give other than the truth. Hopefully you have better morals than to think it's okay to lie to a potential employer.

"I had already accepted another position." That's it...

You were abducted by 👽aliens.

Youve got a job, tel them that, why all the theatrics, geez