Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 6 months ago

Was I really near death or is my Dr being over dramatic?

I went to see a Dr due to being in a car accident. He measures my blood pressure and is shocked that it's 180/120. He asks me if I am on blood pressure medication which I say no since I never knew it was that high. He says I would have died in a week if not for the car accident.

It actually got higher at home 190/125. Yes I am now on blood pressure medication.

HE's being a "LITTLE Dramatic" but not very much,, ,, 120/.80 (120 or below /80 or below) is Normal Blood pressure I don't know what your general health is like I dont know how fat or how much coke your snort or anything else ...for that matter I can tell you 140/90 Long term was enough for a person I knew quite well thought the doctor was playing him, right up until The Ambulance Dropped him off at the ER and he died , they found his Aorta Had exploded he bled to death in minutes.... so You can think whatever you wanna think ignore the issue who knows maybe you'll live out the year ,... To be honest IF you don't care then who cares? Haha do whatever you want ...lol 190/125 is stage 5 your looking to have a serious stroke And Or Aneurysm in the brain or anywhere else in your body I definitely dont want to end up in a bed unable to move sit up stand Crap talk or even not slobber IF the severity of a stroke you will have like that better hope your aorta just blows apart so you bleed out in 10 minutes or less. YOU NEED to reduce your BP seriously Now I doint know your triggers, age, or health like your Doctor does..

Always assume the worst, is the rule.

It was very, very high but my mother had BP that bad. She was put on meds but it was hard to control. She did not die from it but of something else, so I doubt you'd be 'dead in a week.' However, you definitely needs meds and to be checked constantly. The stress of the accident may have made it worse.

• Tavy

Overdramatic and you could have had high BP because you were in the Doctors office. So did he tell you to take it a home when you are relaxed for a true reading ?

• Jim 06460389

a doctor Visit will NOT Raise your Pressure 60 points/40 points

• k w

they are experts in using fear/innuendo to control people......

i think your doctor is right, you rnight need to be on rneds for it