Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 months ago

Can I just write a letter informing tenants their rent is being raised?

I saw a form of a rental increase on line, but I don't really like how it says call me at this number to verify you will be paying the increase. I'd prefer to just write a quick letter saying it's increased. They don't rental increase forms at several stationary stores I called, and I don't want to spend the money joining the apartment association just to get one rent increase form.

I meant to say they don't have rental increase forms. typo error.

Best Answer

Yes, a letter will suffice just fine.

• Rico

Depends on where you are. Some countries (or their constituent states/territories) recognise a simple letter as being legally valid, provided you give the correct amount of notice before the increase takes effect. Other jurisdictions will require you to only use the correct form for it to be legally valid.

Yes you can do a letter. You do not have to use a form. You just have to make sure the letter says everything that is required per your state laws and does not say anything that is prohibited.

i dont see why not

• DEBS

No need for a form. A letter stating the new rent and when it will take affect is fine. If you want to avoid any questions in the future, have them sign and return a copy. If they refuse to sign acknowledging it, give them notice to move out.