How to confront an old friend who doesn't want to attend me and my friends birthday party because "it isn't cool enough for him"?

Me and Mike have birthdays right next to each other every year, so we celebrate them together and plan something fun. One of our mutual friends (his name is also Michael) doesn't want to show up at our birthday festivities because it's not "the place to be" on Saturday nights. The place we... show more Me and Mike have birthdays right next to each other every year, so we celebrate them together and plan something fun. One of our mutual friends (his name is also Michael) doesn't want to show up at our birthday festivities because it's not "the place to be" on Saturday nights. The place we booked for the party is only 5 minutes away from Michaels house, so its not like its too far for him to drive. I've been friends with Michael for over 10 years now, so this was kinda hurtful.

Should I call him out on being sh*tty or should I just never invite him to hang out with us more often?