Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 7 months ago

Why do people drive big suvs and trucks that pollute the air more instead of saving our planet?

Know i understand we need semi-trucks to transport food and other goods. But people are buying big trucks and Suvs just because they can and alot of them get worser gas mileage and pollute the air more. Why are people polluting our planet instead of attempting to save it?

• John

Its a little boy big toy problem.

For their needs. Their JOB may be in the construction industry and they need all their tools to do the work. Table saw, plywood, doors, windows,toilets,tubs, drywall sheets,bricks, bags of concrete, lawn turf, the dining room table, the sofa, the 96" screen TV, etc,etc,etc. Farmers carry bales of hay on their trucks, many bales, or pull trailers of horses, boats, long ladders, planks, scaffolds.

. They can't do this with a SMART car.

The drivers do not like to pollute the air any more than you do but THIS IS ALL THE AUTO MANUFACTURER'S MAKE. This truck with this engine. It is not like the driver has much choice. It is up to the car R&D department to come up with something just as useful as we have now, but does not burn as much fuel. Not burning the excess fuel pollutes less.

These SUV truck drivers are not going to resort to the horse and wagon model because they have so much work to do and horse can not get there fast enough.

. Pollution is more a problem from the cars because do you need a car to go to the corner store? It is close enough to "walk"? That is why it is on the corner. I hear your answer already, I am too fat to walk that far. Well, you would not be so out of shape if you were walking more.

. so often I get asked "what did you do today"? "DROVE AROUND AIMLESSLY BURNING GAS" is the reply from many people. In general, we are the problem. Bad Habits.

Because maybe they have needs. Or maybe they just like that kind of vehicle. There are many on the road so screw it I might as well just get one. Right? If you want to buy a Tesla or some kind of “green” vehicle by all means. But don’t tell me what to do

• ?

YOU are free to buy and drive anything you want. You can even drive an electric scooter if you'd like. But until you get elected to Congress, you DO NOT have the right to tell others what THEY can drive.

You must live in California. This is the kind of brainwash you get there instead of learning to read and write. ("Worser gas mileage")

Cars and trucks today are the cleanest they have EVER been, and are NOT hurting the planet. GEEZE.

If you want to see pollution, go to China. We're probably the cleanest country on earth. (Comparatively speaking)

• arther

Because they can if each driver ran over as many refugees as possible the amount of resources saved would be worth it.

• Anton

Blah Blah Blah... "Saving Our Planet." BULLCRAP!

The ONLY reason there are problems is because we have too many people.

Unless we chop our population to under one billion human beings, the planet is doomed.

You don't care, which is why others do whatever.

This is also why the Government runs up more and more debt -- they know we are doomed, they are getting what they can before the bust -- hopefully after they die, future children can kiss off.

• In

If you think cutting the population from 7.3 billion to 1 billion will fix the problem I will be happy to hold your beer when you go first.

We call it freedom of choice. Something that 'green activists' don't understand.

I own and drive a SUV because I want to. You have no way of knowing if my driving habits are worse than anyone else's. In 2.5 years, I have driven 20,000 miles. Less pollution than someone who drove a roller skate for 50,000 miles in the same period.

In the UK we charge them far moe taxes for the big gas guzzlers