Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 months ago

Am I a bad person and friend or am I good? I didn’t give my friend my gameboy color?

I’m 26 so haven’t played with the thing for a while. She my age and has always been there for me. I suffer from a mental disorder that causes huge panic attacks and depression episodes and she said she’ll always talk to me. She saw I found my old gameboy color and asked if she could have it and at first I said yes but next day before I gave it away I started having a panic attack. It felt like I’d be giving away a piece of myself or my childhood. I know how stupid that sounds but I’ve always been like that. These little things hold memories and I feel like I’ll die if I lose them. She told me it fine no worries when I told her my sister wanted it.

This friend is the best person ever but we only talk at work. So if we stopped working together I’d never see that again but I need it yet feel so bad I won’t give it to her now. Am I bad?

• lala
    Favorite Answer

NO you are not bad person

Its your game and keep it

Do not feel guilty we all do mistake

Best wishes

It may help to be honest about things like that, especially to your friend. But panic attacks should be faced rather than be allowed to control you. In time you may find that what caused anxiety can become what brings comfort. But only if you start to look at them that way. If you told her that, she might promise to take care of it. You let it go, you find that you have lost no part of yourself at all. Got to train that brain.