Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

Husband wants divorce out of nowhere I’m shocked?

My husband and I have been married 12 years. We have 2 daughters they are 9 and 7. My husband came home from work early today and told me out of nowhere he wanted a divorce. We haven’t had any real serious marital issues. He told me he only wanted 1 kid not 2 and that the children are now cramping his style. He told me he’s accepted a new job in California (we live in Minnesota) I had no idea he was even looking for new work!! I’m honestly in such shock and disbelief I’m shaking. Does anyone have any advice? I don’t even know where to start. I just found all of this out an hour ago!

Favorite Answer

Advice: Get a good lawyer. Don't worry about the cost...a good lawyer will stick your soon-to-be ex-husband with the bill, and a LOT more.

• Nickname

Why should males get sex in the first place?

Sounds like he is going through his second childhood. You are entitled to 1/2 of his pension, 1/2 of what the house is worth, 1/2 of any inheritances, 1/2 of the bank account and any money, child support with cost of living increases. If you have been a stay at home mom he is entitled to pay for ALL your schooling AND support you while going to school. Don't be his chump, the grass is not greener on the other side. Be quiet and watch what he does and get evidence to back you up. Don't leave make him leave the house.

• finc5 months agoReport

Wow for you marrying a man is just about money ? And what if they are poor and have no savings and live in a house that hasn't been paid yet ? In such scenery what "advice " would you give her ? Find a wealthy man ?

grow up ,, stop self deception

you knew this was not a good marriage he was not happy for 7 years

the problem is when we self deceive we lie to everyone about our own failures

being shocked is not a statement an aware and intelligent person says

so in your carelessness what else did you miss?

his big mistake if your being factual was not having a vasectomy and trusting you

every women know who had the extra child did so by design

projecting the problem on the child by you or others is just the problem ... he was talking about your deception

cramping style sounds just like a normal man saying you kept saying NO sex the kids are awake

add to your story -- were you a real sex machine inventive and actively perusing him and daring

5 times a week at least?

a man is like a car if it sets and is not used you cannot be upset when after 7 years of sitting it is not there for you

• finc5 months agoReport

Nickname .. What if the mother happens to be a moral person who would rather die than aborting her kid? You know , believe it or not there are still women who are nurturer . Now , if this man didn't want anymore children in such case he should have abstained from sex ..

I feel for you. I can only imagine what you are going through and I empathize. But he must have someone he has been seeing for a while. It’s not the kids the problem. How is one okay and the other is not? So he mean to say he has been looking at the 7 year old all this time and wishing he never had that child? No way. that’s the lamest excuse someone could ever give

• finc5 months agoReport

a lover .. Liberals say that premarital sex is ok whereas other liberals say that extramarital sex is also ok .

AHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHHAHA!! Busting a gut on the floor howling with gleeful laughter. But seriously, if you are being truthful, how can you say this is out of nowhere? No serious marital issues? What about all the times you turned him down for sex? What about all the hard-ons you walked away from? There's a solid chance you haven't gotten him off for 7 years. How can you say this is out of nowhere? You have to know he has been aching for sex for years. You have to.

• finc5 months agoReport

loves making love with her husband ..Yet this man takes her for granted and blames her for getting pregnant as if she had gotten pregnant without his assistanvery. On another note , have you read women's answers ? Funny and sad how most of them when thinking about a " divorce " can only think of $$

I wish him all the luck in the world affording to live out here in California. Unless he has a 100,000 dollar or more income per year, he's not going to make it.

• finc5 months agoReport

Wow you know every city and town of California? Isn't California a huge state ?

Best advise is get an attorney now..

• Eva

Make a consultation appointment with good divorce lawyer. Stash some cash as he's likely to clean out the bank account(s) if he hasn't already. Start child support proceedings ASAP. You've been married long enough to qualify for spousal support. You may be able to work out your divorce settlement with a mediator, which is less expensive than an attorney, but only if he can be agreeable. He's been planning this for a while. Don't leave home, but don't share a bed with him either.

• finc5 months agoReport

Wow so for you marrying a man is just about money ? How sad ! And what if they ate super poor ? What if their house hasn't been paid yet ? What if her house is rented ? In such case , what " advice " would you give her ?

• tony

he has a side piece...get a lawyer and go for child support,he cannot have one child without the other.... u may have dodged a bullet and was blind sided