If the Democratic party shifts to the way left and takes on more of a socialist attitude will that ruin the party?

I am a center left young adult I am definitely hoping to see Joe Biden or Amy Klobashar get the nomination. If someone like Bernie Sanders got the nomination I wouldn't vote for him in the general election. I am worried that AOC or someone like her is the future of the Democratic party I think that wouls do a lot of damage.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

The problem people like you, and me, face is that there is no viable alternative. Unless you can see fit to vote for a "third party" candidate, knowing there's no chance, you're left on the sidelines. This is one reason the US has such low voter participation. These two, increasingly extremist, parties offer nothing to the majority of the country, which is far more moderate. We need a real and viable Centrist party in this country.

From who I have seen and listened to of the Democrits running.. MY Best Vote would be NONE OF THE ABOVE.. They are to busy bashing each other and Trump to actually say anything worth listening to.

In a nutshell.........to answer your question........NO, it won't "ruin" the Party.

George W,Bush didn't "ruin" the party......although you did lose the next 2 elections, because he was so god awful.

If the Democratic party shifts to the looney left........well, they will lose the next election as well, and after losing two in a row............they will remember that middle of the road is the way to victory....and swing back.

Neither party has been "ruined"........just by losing two in a row. Sh*t happens.......and when one party is in power too long, the pendulum Always swings back the other way. Remember that.

Even if Trump is re-elected........people will be so sick of him by 2024......I'd bet my house on a democrat winning that year.

That's already happened, Democrats have ruined their own party.

• If the party can't contribute good moral to society then forget it. It is useless..!

To me, the party already looks beyond repair.

i'm voting for Bernie .

What do you mean "if"?

Bernie and Warren are out. Americans like their employer-based health insurance. They worked for it. If stripped of it, employers will NOT make up the difference by offering more pay. Only Bernie and Liz believe that.