Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

I had a legitimate question removed but was not notified why?

I did receive answers to a legitimate question. One person tried to claim I'm a troll, but I'm not. I see now my question was removed, but why wasn't I sent an email telling what I supposedly did wrong? I didn't do anything wrong, and I'm certainly not a troll.

Notifications work seldom for most. If you want to know the reason for the violation, post "Why was this question (answer) a violation?" and add the original e-mail you got and/or any details you remember so the users can see the exact context. The experienced users here will explain it to you. Many times the violation is not in the question, but in the added details and updates.

• Lv 7

you should receive an automated response saying it was removed asking if you want to appeal.

if not, check your Spam folder.

Verizon stopped sending out report notice and violation notice emails 2 years ago. Verizon does not email you when your email account is suspended, blocked, from participating on YA. The email account is fine. Yes you can appeal through the help pages, but you need the exact text of the question or answer to appeal, which was in the email you did not get. Neither Yahoo nor Verizon ever tells you specifically what you did wrong..

Verizon has very few employees on the Yahoo Abuse Team. Yiu never really know if a live human being reads your appeals or server computer processes it. Verizon usually denies appeals. A few people, Avery few have won account suspension appeals, you don't need exact text for account suspension appeals. Usually there was computer glitch of some kind

If you have the URL address of the question, you can email Verizon, NOT Yahoo, but without the URL address of the question, Verizon employees have nothing to work with.

abuse@verizon.net

• That is not true. You write to Verizon and they tell you that they do not handle it. You need to write to Yahoo. Since you tried this you should know that. But I doubt you did and just say anything to try to lie your way to the best answer.

• Daniel

Violation Email Notices are Broken thats why you can still Appeal tho if you Believe you did nothing wrong you have to use there Alternative Appeal Form

Here is the Link to It

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=conta...

Select Contact a Yahoo Specialist then Appeals then Follow the Instructions from there

Because notifications haven't worked in ages, that's why.

• .

Few, if anyone, gets notices anymore when answer or question is reported and deleted, that is the new improved yahoo

• .

Notification emails of content removal haven't been sent out consistently for the past couple of years. They seem to go out in huge batches a couple of times a year now, so the queue can be emptied, but by the time you get the notices it's almost always too late to appeal (there's only a 7 day window).

The reason given in the emails is almost always "The <question or answer> on Yahoo Answers was reported and deleted by one or more trusted members of the Answers community:" so it's not helpful anyway. 99% of the time your post is removed because enough users reported it as a violation. You're not given any specifics regarding what Community Guideline or Term of Service you violated, if any.

You can appeal but it's hard to win unless you know the exact text that was removed:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=topic...

and include - The specific text of the post that was deleted, The violation reason specified in the notification email (if you got one, if you didn’t get one then make that known), The reason why you'd like it reviewed, and The Yahoo ID you're using in Yahoo Answers (if you don’t include that info, you’ll get an email asking for it. Sometimes even when you do include, you get an email asking for it).

It could be a retaliation by somebody that got their feelings hurt.

I remember 1 of my answer was put under then got put back. An e-mail sent to me wrote apologized.

It happens all the time here. If there are 2 or more reports on your question it can be removed.

It doesn't mean your question did not follow the guidelines. It could mean there's someone who didn't like it so made sure it was gone. Sorry it happened to you but it is very common here.