Why is my right headphone clipping?

I’ve had a pair of Audio-Technical headphones for about three and a half months. I really like them and they’ve been working great. However, I recently noticed that when some bass notes play, there is some distortion in the right channel. I get that kind of thing in my car speakers too, but I’m used to it. These headphones, on the other hand, we’re fine, but now the right headphone sometimes clips a little. What causes this and what can I do to fix it?

visit a couple thrift shops.a lot of 70s electronics end up there for a song

phones receivers. tuners,they made HP wires thicker,sturdier diaphragms

phone jacks that still fit snugly & do not break'

might cost you a bigole 3 or 5 bucks,,as time goes on fewer are around

Headphone driving circuit is (apparently) clipping out of your sound, trying to drive those headphones, a small headphone amp if portable listening then read here https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/accessories/bes...

Replace the headphones.

Reduce the bass settings on all of your equipment and don't increase it again.

Keep the volume down.

It's called a "fatigued voice coil." The tiny cylindrical coil inside the ear-speaker has deformed and is hitting the magnet structure or the wires have come loose and are rattling like a snare on a snare drum. I see this a lot in the woofers of speakers too since people started turning the bass way up on everything 15 - 20 years ago - why this obsession with bass?! In any case, it can only be fixed by replacing the ear-speaker or "capsule". Doing so will probably cost more than you paid for the headphones. Perhaps just turn down the bass.

you probably blew the speaker.

IF you are getting it thru the speakers too, must be coming right from the head unit OR your amp ......................